You are hereNot only coeliac desease, discovering most diffused alimentary intollerances.
Not only coeliac desease, discovering most diffused alimentary intollerances.
It’s undoubted that today we pay more attention to alimentary allergies. Nearby alimentary allergies “properly said”, we have to signal other phenomenons like alimentary dislike (based on organism or culture), and the always more frequents alimentary intolerances.
Ferrarini products that do not contain gluten source:
- cooked ham: at all references Ferrarini, excluding cooked shoulder, does not use substances with gluten
- raw matured ham: all
- mortadelle: mortadella Bologna affettata 120 g. - Delizia - Delizia con pistacchio - Antica Rivalta gusto delicato - Antica Rivalta con pistacchio gusto delicato - La Prosciuttella Pregium.
- salami: tipo Milano - tipo ungherese - Felino - Parma ATM 700 G.
- coppa: all
- pancetta: all
Ferrarini products that do not contain lactose:
- cooked ham: milk proteins are used and clearly indicated in following products: Cotto di fattoria, Bottega Emilia Iris, Jambò SP, Corte Re
- raw matured ham, mortadelle, coppe, pancette, bresaolab
- salami: vengono impiegati lattosio e proteine del latte nei salami tipo Napoli e Ungherese
Those compositions could, during times, undergo changes, and so consumers with problems of allergies and intolerances, at buying moment, should always verify the following:
- Pre-packed products sold as free service: allergic substances are always clearly indicated, so it’s enough to read the composition showed on the label to verify their presence
- Products sold after slicing: ask to shop assistant to verify the composition on the original packaging or on ingredients book that should be hold by the selling point. In case of intolerances particularly heavy you also have to consider that on the same slicing machine could have been sliced products containing allergens.
The law in force obliged producers to clearly indicate on the label with their specific name the allergens, i.e. substances able to cause on sensible people allergies and intolerances, that for some reason can directly (in recipe) or indirectly enter (for unintentional allergens contamination ) the product composition.
Italian legislation with Ordinance L.vo 08/02/06, n.114 and Ordinance L.vo 27/09/07 n. 278 – about indicating ingredients inside alimentary products- made compulsory the indication on product packaging the presence of following substances called allergens:
• Cereals containing gluten and derivate products: corn, rye, barleycorn, oats, spelt,kamut and their hybrids
• Crustacean and products based on crustacean
• Eggs and products based on eggs
• Fish and products based on fish
• Peanuts and products based on peanuts
• Soy and products based on soy
• Milk and product based on milk (lactose included)
• Fruit with shell and derivates products: Almonds (Amigdalus communis L.), hazelnuts (Corylus avellana), walnut (Juglans regia), acajou walnut (Anacardium occidentale, noci pecam [Carya illinoiesis (Wangenh) K. Koch], Brasilian walnut (Bertholletia excelsa), pistachio (Pistacia vera), Queensland walnut (Macadamia ternifolia)
• Celery and products based on celery
• Mustard and products based on mustards
• Sesame seeds and products based on sesame seeds
• Sulphurous anhydride in concentration bigger than 10mg/kg or 10 ml/l said as SO2
• Lupine and derivate products
• Mollusc and derivate products
In application to that Ordinance, all the Ferrarini products packaging clearly report with their specific name all the hereinbefore allergen substances that directly enter the product recipe or that could enter because of casual contaminations during production course.
To avoid casual contaminations with every allergen substances inside Ferrarini Group productive unit, specific procedures and monitoring systems have been adopted.
It’s an alimentary intolerance determinate by absence of enzymes used for prolamine digestion, one of protein portions that form the gluten, a protein complex contained in corn and many other cereals: barley, rye, triticale, einkorn, spelt, kamut, oats and all their derivates. Those cereals consumption causes an adverse reaction in coeliac man, producing heavy damages to the intestinal mucous like intestinal villa atrophy. There’s no gluten inside rice, maize, millet, sesame, potatoes, chestnut, Saracen corn, manioc sorghum, soy and quinoa, so they can be consumed by coeliac people.
INTOLERANCE TO LACTOSE
The lactase is an enzyme necessary for lactose digestion, the milk sugar. People who haven’t or have just a few lactase quantity, drinking milk they will have heavy intestinal diseases. All that is due to the fact that the lactose, not digested, is fermented by intestinal bacteria with lactic acid production, irritating for the intestine.